Are you a sweet or savory breakfast kind of person? I eat a sweet breakfast almost every day – why not start each day with a healthy sweet breakfast, like yogurt or oatmeal, and pretend I’m eating dessert first thing in the morning? 🙂 But sometimes I just need something savory!
I promise that’s only one egg there. I guess I could have made two of these with that one egg!
If you’re like me and like to have a sweet and salty combination, I highly suggest using cinnamon bread. Trust me, it takes it to another level and it’s fantastic (unless you’re not a fan of cinnamon)!
Since I usually like to save my savory meals for lunch and dinner, I could seriously eat this smoked salmon and scrambled egg toast every night for dinner – it’s so quick to make!
Here’s a variation where I sprinkled some avocado pieces for an extra flavor boost:
- 1 slice of bread (I prefer cinnamon bread but any will work)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese (I prefer Whipped cream cheese)
- 1 oz smoked salmon (this is an estimate, just cover the bread slice with 1 layer of salmon)
- Salt and Pepper
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in a pan on the stove. If using a pan, turn heat on high until the pan gets hot then lower the temperature to medium and check for doneness every 10 seconds to prevent burning.
- Spread cream cheese on bread.
- Place the smoked salmon on the cream cheese and cover the entire slice of bread with 1 layer of salmon.
- Beat egg in a bowl with milk, add salt and pepper if you'd like.
- Scramble egg in a greased pan until done and layer on top of smoked salmon.
- Add paprika, salt, and pepper and it's ready to eat!